MADISON -- Join other young adults for a weekly gathering of those in their 20s and 30s called Spirit & Truth (S&T), starting Wednesday, Sept. 5, from 7 to 9 p.m. at St. Patrick Parish, 404 E. Main St., in downtown Madison.
Each night includes catechesis, encountering Jesus in Adoration, small group discussions and the chance for Confession, followed by fellowship at a local restaurant.
Season two brings a slightly varied nightly schedule including two different layouts:
• First and third Wednesdays include a longer talk, silent Adoration time, and small group discussion.
• Second and fourth Wednesdays include Evening Prayer, a shorter meditation in church, followed by silent Adoration and small group discussion.
During season two of S&T, the focus will be on the Year of Faith. If you don’t know what that is yet, don’t worry, we will tell you soon enough . . . but no matter what you do, do not sit back and let this year pass you by! Make an effort to let this Year of Faith be one that will draw you deeper into Christ’s love in a life-altering way.
The S&T talks will be geared towards practical application of topics into everyday life as we focus on deepening our lives of faith.
The year will begin with a month long series on a very important topic for everyone: continuous deepening conversion. Focusing on the continuous call to go deeper in our union with Jesus will prepare us to enter more fully into the Year of Faith when it begins in October.
Series on Conversion
- Wednesday, Sept 5: “Be Converted!” — Fr. John Sasse
- Wednesday, Sept 12: Meditation: “Being In God’s Presence” and How to Meditate
- Wednesday, Sept 19: “Porta Fide Unpacked,” A Look at The Year of Faith — Patrick Delaney
- Wednesday, Sept 26: Meditation: “Deepen Your Conversion”
To be kept up to date, visit www.spiritandtruthmadison.com, and/or “like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/spiritandtruthmadison Contact Nicole Carter at
to be added to the “20s & 30s” e-mail list.