MADISON -- Kairos TEC (Together Encountering Christ) is an experience in Christian living, especially designed for young people and adults.
At a TEC program, participants experience:
- A fresh, different atmosphere away from everyday life.
- Meeting people from other areas.
- Reflecting and sharing with others how you see yourself, your ideals and goals, and your hopes.
- Finding a God you can believe in.
- Encountering Jesus Christ risen and alive today.
Where will TEC be held?
At various parishes throughout the Diocese of Madison, so that the TEC program may reach out to all interested people.
When should you arrive?
9:30 a.m. Friday morning (or first day).
What time does TEC end?
4 p.m. Sunday evening (or the third day).
What should you bring along?
Dress clothes for the Sunday liturgy; casual clothes for most of the weekend. Bring along towels, washcloth, sleeping bag, cot, or air mattress, blanket, sheets, pillow, and personal toiletries.
How much does it cost?
$50 for the entire weekend. This covers all meals and supplies.
Who can make a TEC?
Catholic and other Christians who are in grades 11 and 12, college, trade school, and adults.
How do you get there?
You are responsible for making arrangements for your transportation with people in your area. A map will be sent to you once you register.
How many from one parish may attend?
It is recommended that no more than six individuals from one parish participate in a given weekend; however, exceptions will be granted on an individual basis.
Upcoming TEC programs
- #142 at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Monona -- December 28 to 30.
- #143 at St. Clement Parish, Lancaster -- March 16 to 18, 2012.
To register, contact: Kairos TEC, Office of Evangelization & Catechesis, P.O. Box 4498, Madison, WI 53744-4983; phone 608-821-3175; fax 608-821-3181; e-mail
; or go to www.madisondiocese.org/tec